Sounds too good to be true, right? 2-ingredient cookies that are healthy enough to have for brekkie or when that 3pm slump hits? These cookies are also perfect stored in the fridge for when you just need a little somethin’ somethin’ after dinner.
These cookies are wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free; and yet still delish, I promise. The two key ingredients are oats and bananas.
+ Oats are a high fibre grain that are known to stabilise blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol and support happy, healthy hormones.
+ Bananas are high in potassium, Vitamin C and support healthy blood pressure.
2 cups Quick Oats
3 ripe bananas, mashed
75 grams of dark chocolate, cut up or choc chips
1/4 cup sultanas
1/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup goji berries
1/4 cup nuts - walnuts, almonds or peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper
3. Stir the oats and bananas together until mixed well
4. Add in any optionals - my favourite combo is 1/2 cup sultanas and 100grams dark chocolate, chopped finely. Stir until combined
5. Scoop out mixture that’s about a tablespoon in size and roll into a small ball.
6. Place on the baking tray and flatten it out with the back of your hand or back of a spoon. Depending on your cookie size, it should make 10-12 cookies.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes
8. Eat and enjoy
In this picture, I added in my fave combo - 85% dark chocolate chunks and sultanas!
Olivia McFadyen, based in Lane Cove & Berowra Heights on Sydney's North Shore, is a Naturopath, Nutritional Therapist, Herbalist and Homoeopath and doTERRA Wellness Advocate (aka essential oil lover). Olivia is your girl-next-door Naturopath; there's no calorie counting or fads, just practical nutritional recommendations personalised to you and your needs, which includes 7-day meal templates, meal ideas, recipes and shopping lists, and easy-to-apply lifestyle recommendations. She services her patients by offering in-clinic and Skype consultations and corporate workshops. Olivia also loves collaborating with fellow health enthusiasts; she offers essential oil workshops, that take place in the clinic in Lane Cove, Berowra or in the comfort of your own home, with your loved ones. She looks forward to connecting with you - click here to reach out