If you’re suffering from a choccie overload, post-Easter bloating or you just feel like your body needs a mini cleanse, then this recipe is for you! It’ll take you less than 10 minutes to prepare and it’ll have you prepped for the week ahead. Whether you take it to the playground for the kids or pull it out at your desk it will keep those 3pm sugar cravings at bay.
This healthy – yep healthy – gooey banana bread recipe is bursting with ingredients rich in protein & minerals to keep you fuller for longer, regulate blood sugar levels and support healthy hormones. I’ve also thrown in a few herbs for taste that reduce inflammation and aid digestion.
- 150g cashew nuts
- 50g almond meal
- 4 bananas
- 6 Tbps maple syrup
- 1 Tbps vanilla extract
- 1 Tbps cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp bi-carb soda with 1 tsp lime/lemon juice
- 1 Tbps sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbps organic coconut sugar (or unrefined brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbps extra sunflower seeds
- Line the bread tin with non-stick baking paper
- Blend cashew nuts until they resemble flour
- Mix all ingredients (except extra sunflower seeds) in blender until well combined
- Pour into bread tin
- Sprinkle with extra sunflower seeds
- Bake at 170ºC for approx. 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter or Greek yoghurt
Olivia McFadyen, based in Mosman on Sydney's Lower North Shore, is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritional Therapist, Herbalist and Homoeopath. Whilst Olivia is a qualified Naturopath and Nutritionist, she is also a realist and understands the demands of modern day life, offering nutrition, herbal medicine and homoeopathic consultations and support without compromising on the enjoyment food can bring. She is passionate about supporting patients to reach their lifestyle goals, optimise their health & develop a healthy yet balanced way of life through naturopathy and homoeopathy. She services her clients by offering 4 and 12 week natural health programs from her clinic in Mosman on Sydney's Lower North Shore.