Put down the Cadbury bars kids - this home-made chocolate will blow your taste buds away. Plus it’s chock-a-block with immune-boosting vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and even a herb.
As you’ll see, I always add a good dash of cinnamon to my choccy; it improves insulin efficiency, which regulates blood sugar levels and reduces those sugar cravings!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- generous pinch of Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Optional - handful of almonds and/or goji berries
- Combine all the ingredients (except salt, berries and nuts) in a small bowl and stir until well mixed
- Line cupcake moulds or slice tray with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into prepared tin
- Sprinkle with salt, berries or hazelnuts
- Pop it in the freezer until it sets; I usually allow 15 minutes
- Enjoy (and try to share it!)
Remember to store it in the freezer.
Olivia McFadyen, based in Mosman on Sydney's Lower North Shore, is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritional Therapist, Herbalist and Homoeopath. Whilst Olivia is a qualified Naturopath and Nutritionist, she is also a realist and understands the demands of modern day life, offering nutrition, herbal medicine and homoeopathic consultations and support without compromising on the enjoyment food can bring. She is passionate about supporting patients to reach their lifestyle goals, optimise their health & develop a healthy yet balanced way of life through naturopathy and homoeopathy. She services her clients by offering 4 and 12 week natural health programs from her clinic in Mosman on Sydney's Lower North Shore.