This bread needs no introduction... well, except that it's simple, real, you know - no funny business. Good, ol' home-cooking. I made it one morning before I visited my sister as her little boy is highly intolerant to dairy so I threw a few things in the blender and voila.
If you need an allergy-friendly and kid-friendly snack this is a must-try. It's dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, gluten-free and sugar-free. So it's just full of goodness.
I'm sure it'd work as muffins or a tea cake too
Coconut and Raspberry Bread:
- 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds mixed with 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of 100% apple juice
- 1 C gluten-free SR flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 C rice milk
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded coconuts
- 1/2 t cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- 1/c cup besan flour (aka chickpea flour) I'm sure you can substitute with another flour like buckwheat, spelt or a gluten-free flour
- 3 T tahini
- 2 T honey/rice malt syrup
- 1 T water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a bread tin loaf
- To make the bread throw all ingredients except raspberries in the blender
- Mix until combined
- Stir in raspberries and pour mixture into baking tin
- Bake for approx. 40 minutes or until brown
- To make the caramel sauce mix ingredients until combined
- Once the bread has cooled slowly drizzle the caramel sauce on the bread
- Eat immediately!
Olivia McFadyen, based in Lane Cove on Sydney's Lower North Shore, is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritional Therapist, Herbalist and Homoeopath. Whilst Olivia is a qualified Naturopath and Nutritionist, she is also a realist and understands the demands of modern day life, offering nutrition, herbal medicine and homoeopathic consultations and support without compromising on the enjoyment food can bring. She is passionate about supporting patients to reach their lifestyle goals, optimise their health & develop a healthy yet balanced way of life through naturopathy and homoeopathy. She services her clients by offering 4 and 12 week natural health programs from her clinic in Lane Cove on Sydney's North Shore.